Summer’s about to end and fall is right around the corner which means it’s time to get prepared for the end of the year conferences, career fairs, and hiring events.
If you plan on going to such an event this Fall to look for new hires, it’s best that you go prepared. Conferences and events cost not just a lot of money, but a lot of time, and if you’re not prepared for how to look for your future hires they might end up going to the competition.
Here are a few suggestions on how to get the most out of your next hiring event.
- Create a Goal. Before you do anything, it’s important that you create a goal of what you and your team are looking to do. Are you looking to stock up on resumes or to actually schedule second interviews, at your next event? Create a gameplay and communicate it to your entire team so you guys are all on the same page.
- Single, Double, and Triple Check Your Event to see if it Makes Sense. Once you have an idea of a goal, it’s important that you pick your location wisely. Different locations have different benefits, whether you are looking to go to a conference and have a booth or you are having an event in-house.
- Make Sure You Promote the Event As Much as You Can. Whether this event is being held by you or someone else, it’s important that you promote it wisely. Make sure that you put on your own social media channels and event boards, and if possible use company evangelists to promote it as well.
- Prepare Your Presentation. From your booth to your outfits, it’s important that your presentation is thought about. Don’t forget that people make recommendations in a nutshell so make sure you’re on point with everything that you do.
- Be sure to have a plan in place. Once you get to your event, it’s important that you have a plan in place and everyone knows what they are doing. Whether people are going to be sitting in front of a booth or you’ll have job screeners, it’s important that everyone knows what they are doing.
Follow these 5 goals and your next event will be a success when it comes to finding new recruits.
In Need of Some Hiring Help? The team at Seymour Staffing can help you.
Seymour Staffing is a full-service staffing agency that specializes in hiring and staffing of manufacturing workers. To learn more about our services please call us at 919-424-6318 or submit your project to our contact form today.