The Accountant will assist the Controller in daily, weekly, and monthly accounting system functions. This position acts as back up support to the Accounts Receivable Administrator.
- Assist in preparing month financial reports for Essilor and Satisloh to review by the Controller.
- Assist in entering monthly financial information into CARS
- Prepare daily cash analysis based off of bank activity.
- Prepare monthly journal entries with adequate support as assigned in the Closing Schedule.
- Prepare month end reconciliations as assigned and balance these to the final financial statements. Present finalized month end reconciliations for review to the Controller by the 3rdh business day of the succeeding month.
- Responsible for making sure that items in balance sheet accounts such as (but not limited to) Prepaid Expense – Other and Prepaid Travel are expensed timely.
- Responsible for billing and related transaction and resolution of billing issues.
- Post daily cash receipts and adjustments to customer accounts. Scan receipt documents into Fortis
- Research and process returns and Credit Memos.
- Prepare daily reconciliations of AR; research and clear any discrepancies.
- Key invoices in to NGERP and scan into Fortis.
- Keep the Controller informed of any problem accounts.
- Research and respond promptly to customer account inquiries.
- Assist in the annual financial statement audit and iCare campaign
- Serves as backup for the Accounts Payable Administrator and staff accountant; must be fully trained on all payable, billing and cash application functions.
- Assist in the annual file purge from storage and migration of current files to storage
- Update procedures for this position as changes occur. All updates must flow through Controller.
- Attend continuing education seminars to ensure current knowledge base
- Look for ways to improve systems and communication flows within the accounting department, help to streamline accounting department activities.
- Maintain 5S company and dept. standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and / or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year accredited college or university, and two to four years related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and / or move files. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.