The Manufacturing Technician 3 will assist the Production Supervisor in the daily coordination and processing of material / product while continuing to have hands-on assembly involvement.
- Includes all M2 responsibilities
- Perform Cycle Counts and investigate discrepancies.
- Assist in coordination of special projects between Production Manufacturing Eng., Quality and CET.
- Procurement of essential hand tools and supplies needed in assembly.
- Advise Production Supervisor of initial parts shortages and expected delivery dates of parts.
- Advise supervisor of quality defects in components and production documents as required.
- Assist in collection of Production data for statistical analysis.
- Lead 5S events, assist others with 5S organization, and conduct area 5S self-audits. Participate in process confirmation as part of sustaining the Lean lines.
- Fully cross train in all assembly functions and fill in as required.
- Support ISO Quality Management System (QMS) by referring and following procedures and work instructions. Serve as an ISO auditor to help improve company processes and learn full scope of the QMS.
- Serve on the Safety Committee to promote a safe working environment. Use safety knowledge to drive safe work practices into the assembly departments.
- Assists Production Supervisor with training of new employees and cross-training of existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving production problems using root cause corrective action tools.
Demonstration of team work, initiative, dependability and good judgment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Two year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Essential PPE required.