The Manufacturing Technician 1 assembles metal, pneumatic and electrical components into assemblies or machine builds.
- Follow schedule provided by supervisor and or Kanban triggers to start production.
- Assemble components, structures, and machines using various assembly hand tools according to work instructions, drawings, and or specifications.
- Operates Hi-pot tester and verifies safety settings to insure safe operation of machine.
- Verifies product quality by following the pre-tuning checklist and test criteria for sub-assembly or machines utilizing various quality gages.
- Documents failures of defective parts. Completely fill out defect tags or documentation according to ISO procedures and work instructions.
- Assemble spare sub-assemblies for stock.
- Assist in other areas as needed such as wiring, machine repair and machine assembly etc.
- Maintain a clean assembly area by maintaining and improving the 5s standards for that area.
- Observe safe practices and report any unsafe conditions to supervisor. Wear required PPE as needed.
- Perform tasks in team-oriented environment.
- Use Multimeters to test, troubleshoot, and adjust low voltage settings on circuit boards, wiring and electronic components.
- Use machine keypad to test software functions to insure machine quality.
- Upgrade and repair units returned from field to latest standards.
- Verify finished product quality using the appropriate quality gages and visual inspection.
- Able to perform basic preventative maintenance task lists and follow ESD requirements.
- Performs accurate back flush operations for assemblies and subassemblies in the ERP system.
- Any other varied tasks as requested.
Demonstration of team work, initiative, dependability and good judgment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Prior close tolerance assembly experience helpful.
Blue print reading, basic computer skills, Email Etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Essential PPE required.