Seymour Staffing has a direct hire opportunity for a manufacturing company located in Roxboro, NC for a Plant Engineer.
The Plant/Process Engineer position is responsible for determining operations to products and develops processes to ensure quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met. This position troubleshoots problems with production and takes corrective action. The Engineer also researches the purchase of equipment or upgrades to existing equipment.
- Evaluate, implement, and monitor processes and operating systems for the manufacturing process.
- Create, edit, and maintain necessary documentation.
- Equipment calibration and maintenance monitoring.
- Assess the availability of raw materials and their safety and environmental impact on the facility.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output, and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
- Work closely with other managers and employees on quality of products including raw materials and finished goods.
- Assume responsibility for ongoing performance of processes.
Knowledge / Ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi task while operating in a systematic/logical manner
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- 10+ years of relatable work experience
- Experience in the tobacco and/or cigarette business preferred
Education / Certifications / Licenses
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s (Required)