Seymour Staffing has a direct hire opportunity for an electronic technicians with a manufacturing client located in Timberlake, NC.
Ability to work PLC and ladder programming software such as Siemens
S7, Allen Bradley or other PLC manufacturers.
To install, set up and maintain machines used in the production. To maintain production and quality by ensuring the optimum operation of machines and electrical/electronic equipment. To troubleshoot and repair machines and electrical/electronic equipment in a timely manner to limit down time to a minimum. To perform preventive maintenance to avoid down time. To ensure the correct equipment, repair parts and materials are available. To communicate malfunctions of equipment to supervisory personnel.
Position Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Install and set up machines for optimum production capabilities.
- Develop or modify electrical/electronic devices, circuits and equipment according to available specifications.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance to avoid unscheduled down time, by following blueprints, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions and engineering specifications.
- Observe machines, analyze tests results, read machine error messages and utilize Machine History Log Entrance to diagnose equipment problems.
- Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment or software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electrical/electronic units and systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions to ensure the machines are operating safely, correctly and expediently.
- Determine changes in the condition of electrical/electronic components, by inspecting used parts, and make necessary replacements or adjustments.
- Determine effectiveness of control instruments and make necessary adjustments.
- When necessary, send defective parts to the manufacturer or to a specialized repair shop for repair.
- Assist other maintenance personnel as may be required to ensure completion of necessary installation/repair.
- Maintain equipment, parts and supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies. Submit and expedite orders through the stockroom.
- Prepare mechanical maintenance logs/reports/records by collecting, analyzing, summarizing information and trends.
- Communicate with Maintenance Electricians on other shifts regarding machine issues.
- Communicate and coordinate with appropriate parties to complete projectsefficiently, timely and with minimal interference with production schedules.
- Train operators to maintain designated areas and parts clean.
- Follow housekeeping and safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintain tools and equipment to ensure availability.
- Obtain and provide on the job training as needed to become increasingly knowledgeable with repairing machines.
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use and follow Lock Out/Tag
- Out procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements:Knowledge / Ability –
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi task while operating in a systematic/logical manner.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to operate machinery as needed.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams and schematics.
- Familiarity with the metric system.
- Excellent knowledge of tools and machine repair practices.
- Ability to work PLC and ladder programming software such as SiemensS7, Allen Bradley or other PLC manufacturers.
- Knowledge of Variable Speed Motor Controllers.
Send Resume to:
Seymour Staffing Mission Statement:
A company is only as good as its people. It is important to remember as the company grows, its greatest asset should grow and benefit as well. When a company has a truly great employee, that employee carries deep institutional value and knowledge that simply cannot be replaced. At the end of the day, it’s not the product, service or technology that makes your company succeed, it will be great people helping your company to not only succeed, but to flourish. Seymour Staffing constantly strives for excellence by working hard to achieve our goals and encourage our staff to be honest and to honor their commitments. We believe that integrity and hard work will help us meet our commitments to our clients.
Seymour Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.