Seymour Staffing has a direct hire job opportunity for a CNC MACHINIST with a manufacturing company located in KERNERSVILLE, NC.
Seymour Staffing is seeking a CNC Machinist to join the team at our client’s manufacturing facility in Kernersville, NC . Successful applicants will be able to plan, devise, and fabricate various tools, dies, gauges, jigs, and fixtures to precise specifications. Also be able to set up and operate conventional and CNC machine tools while applying knowledge of tool design, shop mathematics, metal properties, and assembly procedures. Follows and addresses all safety rules. This is for a 2nd or 3rd shift position. Should have a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Has knowledge of G-Code and CNC programming
- Demonstrates good communication skills, especially with others (team player)
- Is an independent worker
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines needed to fabricate tooling.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as, but not limited to, lathes, manual mills, grinders, saws, etc.
- Operates CNC mill, wire and RAM EDM equipment
- Creates CNC programs with CAM Software (Gibbs Cam)
- Verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications through the use of calipers, micrometers, gauge blocks, height gauges, etc.
- Operates from detailed blueprints yet able to conceptualize and fabricate specialty tooling and fixtures
- Demonstrates knowledge of metal characteristics and properties including heat-treating
- Keeps shop & equipment clean and organized using the 5S Principles
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- Full-Time employees must be able to stand for up to 8hrs per day
- Part-Time employees must be able to stand up to 5hrs per day
- Must be able to work in job shop environment (air conditioned) yet required to trouble shoot and aid with projects on the plant floor (non-air-conditioned)
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Follows company standards and safety regulations, identifies unsafe conditions and make corrections when appropriate
- Has vocational training, machinist or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Required to do manual machining on mills, grinders, and lathes
Seymour Staffing Mission Statement:
A company is only as good as its people. It is important to remember as the company grows, its greatest asset should grow and benefit as well. When a company has a truly great employee, that employee carries deep institutional value and knowledge that simply cannot be replaced. At the end of the day, it’s not the product, service or technology that makes your company succeed, it will be great people helping your company to not only succeed, but to flourish. Seymour Staffing constantly strives for excellence by working hard to achieve our goals and encourage our staff to be honest and to honor their commitments. We believe that integrity and hard work will help us meet our commitments to our clients.Seymour Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time